Inheritance Adoptions is a Christian-based child-placing agency and a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We operate a ministry to both pregnant women in crisis and loving couples who desire to grow their families. Our services to birth parents are free and include: counseling, information on having a healthy pregnancy, and transportation to doctor’s appointments. We also provide shelter, food and clothing when necessary.
Our mission is to serve Christ by offering a positive alternative in response to an unplanned pregnancy and to assist birth parents in making the most loving decision for their child.
Services to birth parents
- Provide free and confidential counseling and emotional support pre- and post- delivery.
- Share the gospel and the love of Christ with our clients.
- Assist with emergency needs such as electricity, housing and water; we also help clients obtain W.I.C., Food stamps and Medicaid.
- Assist birth parents in working toward financial independence through help preparing budgets, applying for school or obtaining a GED, and searching for jobs.
- Promote proper prenatal care by providing transportation to medical appointments, education on healthy eating and exercise, and education on the effects of drugs, smoking and alcohol on the baby.
- For clients who choose adoption, we prepare adoption plans and set up meetings with prospective adoptive couples.
- Serve as liaison between birth parents and adoptive couples by mailing letters and pictures and assist in setting up visit between the couple, baby, and birth parents.
- Maintain a donation closet with maternity clothing and children’s clothing (for prior children or for those who choose to parent).
Services to adoptive couples
- Conduct home studies for domestic and international adoptions
- Show profiles to birth mothers and arrange match meetings
- Assist with legal issues
- Gather family medical history of biological parents
- Search for biological fathers
- Provide training on adoption and parenting issues
Inheritance Adoptions seeks to keep placement fees as low as possible so that no families who want to provide a loving home for children are prohibited from doing so due to high fees. We place no pressure on birth mothers to place their child for adoption, and we are not reimbursed for the services provided to birth mothers who choose to parent.
We receive no state or federal funding, therefore we depend heavily on the support of individuals and foundations in the community who have a heart for children, both born and unborn.
Tree of Life
Located in the foyer of the office.
The Tree of Life is a beautiful way for Inheritance families to display your child’s name in our office and support Inheritance. This mural is one of the first things you see when you walk into our new office. We would like to thank Kirsty Logan for her time and talent! The Tree is absolutely stunning! If you are an Inheritance Family and are interested in having your child’s name and birthday on the tree, contact the office for more information.
- Flowers – $100 – $249
- Branches – $250 – $499
- Branches and Flowers – $500-$999
- Trunk – $1000 – $2499
- Roots – $2500 – over
Board of Directors
- Amanda Hansen – President
- Steve Cookingham – Vice President
- Miranda Harvey– Treasurer
- Deborah Rose– Secretary
- Rafael Perez– Director
- Will Clark – Director
- Teri Carnes – Director
- Vanessa Parkey – Director
- Scott Brooks – Director